is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
What we believe...
United Methodists affirm the historic Christian faith as summarized in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
We believe in the Triune God, the Trinity — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
• God the Father, who brings creation into existence, upholds and reveals the ways of life that make for peace and wholeness and ever works to heal and transform life through the power of love.
• God the Son, Jesus Christ, the firstborn of a new creation who through his life, death, and resurrection saves us and all creation from the power of sin and death.
• God the Holy Spirit, who convicts, comforts, sustains, guides, and empowers us to participate in God’s life and mission in the world.
We believe every person is beloved of God
• Whom God created in His own divine image, with inherent worth and dignity.
• Who confronts and suffers the distorting and destructive effects of sin in this life.
• For whom God has provided reconciliation with Himself and salvation in Himself through the incarnation, life, death, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ, defeating the powers of sin and death.
• Whom God seeks to make holy and whole, through the presence of the Holy Spirit, transforming us into Christlikeness.
We believe in the Church as God's called covenant community to be instruments of God’s presence and coming reign in Jesus Christ
• Where people worship God joyfully, proclaim God’s Word faithfully, and share the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion.
• Where all people are welcomed and nurtured as God’s beloved.
• Where people are initiated into Christ’s body and nurtured toward Christian maturity through worship, prayer, study, fellowship, and service.
• Where the light of God’s love, justice and peace exposes and overrules evil, injustice, and sin.
• Where we participate in God’s mission of inviting, preparing, and enlisting disciples of Jesus Christ participate in God's transformation of the world and to follow the risen Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, into the hurting places of the world and among the outcasts and the forgotten.
We believe in the Bible as God’s revealed Word
• Authoritative in matters of faith and practice.
• Containing the history and story of God’s mighty acts of salvation in creation, redemption, and restoration fulfilled supremely in person and work of Jesus Christ.
• The primary source for understanding the nature and purposes of God.
• Interpreted in the power of the Holy Spirit present in the community of faith.
We believe in the final triumph of God’s reign of compassion, justice, generosity, and peace
• Anticipating the first fruits made possible today through the power of the Spirit and the reign of Christ.
• Discovering a renewed creation where sin, suffering, and death are overcome and God’s victory is complete.
• Celebrating with all the faithful who are raised to live eternally in God’s loving presence.
• Extending God’s love to the whole creation, with God’s mercy redeeming all of God’s works, all that God loves.